Post-Divorce Modifications

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Can an Older Child Decide Which Parent to Live With?

The answer is — it depends.

Divorced parents of an older child are often confronted with the child’s desire to live with the noncustodial parent. In some ways this desire stems from the natural developmental need to be somewhere — in fact anywhere— other than where the child is are right now. In other cases, an older child wants to strengthen the bond with a noncustodial parent. Either way, parents often want to know how much of that decision is up to the child.
Read more . . .

Monday, November 18, 2013

Other Things your Divorce Lawyer can do for you

When you are going through a divorce, your attorney traditionally assists you with division of assets, child custody, and child and spousal support. In addition to these matters, your divorce attorney can help you with many adjunct services that you might want to address at this time.
Read more . . .

Monday, November 4, 2013

Determining Child Support Payments

Through the Department of Human Services, New Jersey offers help for obtaining and modifying child support. Parents can estimate their child support obligation or income upon divorce by using the tools on this site. A judge, however, sets the final amount after considering all of the circumstances pertaining to the divorce petition.
Read more . . .

Monday, October 28, 2013

Alimony Reform Bill Would End Permanent Payments

An alimony reform bill A-3909 was introduced in the New Jersey State Assembly and S-2750 in the New Jersey Senate, that would essentially eliminate permanent alimony from the possible assignments of spousal support in divorce cases and provides a presumptive formula to determine the duration and amount of alimony. The bill is modeled after a similar bill in Massachusetts, and probably will not reach the governor’s desk until mid to late 2014.
Read more . . .

© 2024 Murano & Roth, LLC
800 Kinderkamack Road, Suite 202N, Oradell, NJ 07649
| Phone: 201.265.3400

Attorney Profiles | Divorce | FAQs